Become A Guardian Family
Please review the Guardian details and Application below.
Guardian Application Details
At Golden Fields Doodles, we love our dogs and want them to not only be a breeding dog, but a member of a loving family. This is why we have a Guardian Home Program for our breeding dogs.
All of our breeding dogs are fully health tested. Once a puppy has been selected as a breeding dog, it will be placed in an approved Guardian Home. All breeding expenses will be covered by Golden Fields Doodles. The female dogs will come to Golden Fields Doodles for breeding (typically once a year for four or five years), for about a week. She returns to the guardian home during her pregnancy. She will return to Golden Fields Doodles about a week prior to her due date to have her puppies, and will remain with us until her puppies are weaned. She will usually be gone from the guardian home approximately 7-8 weeks a year. The male dogs will come to our home, as needed, for a few days to breed with our females. Upon completion of the Guardian Home contract, the dogs will be spayed/neutered by Golden Fields Doodles.
THERE IS A $400.00 ADOPTION FEE FOR FEMALE GUARDIAN HOME DOGS WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED IN THE AMOUNT OF $100.00 AFTER THE FIRST LITTER AND EACH LITTER THERE AFTER UNTIL THE FULL AMOUNT HAS BEEN REFUNDED.
THERE IS A $400.00 ADOPTION FEE FOR MALE GUARDIAN HOME DOGS WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED IN THE AMOUNT OF $100.00 AFTER THE FIRST LITTER AND EACH YEAR THEREAFTER. UNTIL THE FULL AMOUNT HAS BEEN REFUNDED.
What Are The Qualifications To Be A Guardian Home?
- You must live within 100 miles of Golden Fields Doodles.
- You must have a physical fence for the safety and security of the dog.
- You have a schedule that does not allow the dogs to be left alone for extended periods of time.
- You must provide the dogs with basic obedience training.
- You must always keep the guardian dog up to date on vaccinations and grooming.
- You must provide pet insurance for the guardian dog.
- You must be willing to bring the guardian dog to Golden Fields Doodles when needed.
- You must notify us when the female dog goes into season.
- You must not allow the guardian dogs to be at community dog parks.
- You must not allow the female dogs to be around intact males during her season.
- You must not allow the male dogs to breed with other females.
If you are interested in becoming a guardian home for one of our dogs, please complete the application and submit to us.